Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Potato salad or french fries
Cheesy Meatloaf :
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 6 oz. ground pork
* 1 c. (9 oz.) grated Asiago cheese
* 1 egg
* 1/2 c. dried breadcrumbs
* 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
* 2 tsp. whole-grain Dijon-style mustard
* 3/4 tsp. cracked pepper
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/3 c. mayonnaise
* 3 Tbsp. whole-grain style mustard
* 8 French rolls
* 8 leaves of lettuce
* 2 tomatoes, sliced
* 16 slices provolone cheese
1. For the meatloaf, preheat the oven to 375°F (conventional; if using a convection oven, preheat to 325°F).
2. In a bowl, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients. Mix well and pack into a 9 x 5 in. loaf pan. Bake the loaves until cooked through and browned, 55 to 60 min.
3. Remove the pans from the oven and drain the excess grease. Let the loaves cool completely before slicing. Cut each loaf into 12 slices.
4. For the sandwiches, blend the mayonnaise and mustard. Split the rolls and top each bottom bun with lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 meatloaf slice, 2 Provolone slices, and 1 Tbsp. of the mayonnaise/mustard spread. Top with the roll tops, and serve the sandwiches with potato salad or french fries.